Shrimp – Olive Oil – Cabbage – Tomatoes, are food items that cool the body as part of the anti-inflammatory group. The shrimp and olive oil are healthy fats to enjoy guilt-free. So, cheers my friends and celebrate healthy gourmet meals to die for!
Garlic Lime Sauce:
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/3 cup chopped green onions
- 1/2 cup cilantro leaves
- 2 cloves garlic
- Salt to taste
- Juice of 2 limes
- 1/2 cup sour cream or whole milk Greek yogurt
Shrimp Spice mix:
- 1 lb. shrimp, peeled and deveined, (tails removed optional)
- 2 teaspoons eachchili powder and cumin
- 2 cloves fresh garlic, crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper (To taste)
- 1 teaspoon coarse sea salt
2–3 cups shredded green or sweet red cabbage
- Avocados, 1-2 chopped
- ½ of the Lime sauce above
- ½ a tomato chopped fine
- 8-10 small tortillas (corn or whole wheat flour)
- Cotija cheese ½ cup (optional)
- lime wedges for serving
- Sliced jalapenos optional
- Sauce: Pulse ingredients in a food processor or handheld blender until almost smooth.
- Slaw: Toss some of the sauce (not all) with the cabbage, peppers, tomatoes and avocadoes gently.
- Shrimp: Clean and pat shrimp dry with paper towels. Toss the shrimp in a small bowl with the spice mix to coat well. Heat a tablespoon of olive oil a large skillet over medium high heat. Sauté the shrimp for 5-7 minutes, flipping often, until the shrimp are cooked through. Pink and not over done.
- Assembly: Prepare your tortillas however you prefer them done, heated, warmed, or fire roasted. Spread a large spoon full Slaw down the center of each tortilla, then top with the Shrimp, drizzle some sauce, sprinkle with Cotjia cheese if using, and serve with lime wedges and sliced jalepenos.