Avocados are brilliant. The green toasts have become the rave in coffee houses and restaurants. Not only are they amazingly easy to make, they only take about 15-minute, are over the top healthy, and surprise, avocados are a primo weight-loss food. So, enjoy Chef’s avocado toast recipes and live to eat!
As well, if you’re an avocado lover, their versatile uses are something one can love to eat– and numerous studies show they are good for the heart, vision, osteoporosis prevention, cancer, healthy babies, lower depression, digestion, and detoxification.
Also, according to the Department of Internal Medicine and Nutritional Sciences Program –
Chef’s avocado toast recipes …
Before we go further into the science of the “A” fruit, not only is avocado toast cool, fashionable, and delicious, it’s a create-your-own arena. Here are some of Chef’s avocado toast recipes:
- Drizzle olive oil on the toast before placing other ingredients on top. (Balance of moisture and flavor is something all chefs love, and I guarantee you, the reason why some toasts shine above the others.)
- Bottom line, moisture, and a seasoned balance make or break the green greatness of avocado toast! Who wants dry, bland toast? So, cherish the olive oil, salt, some lemon juice, balsamic vinegar, and seeds.
- Layers mean everything as well and should go something like this: toasted bread, olive oil, salt, and pepper or Quick Pesto, or soft cheeses like ricotta, avocados whole or crushed, herbs, tomatoes, miscellaneous toppings, onions, spices, salt and pepper again, and another drizzle of olive oil over the top.
- Use great artisan bread. Whole grains are the best flavor, especially ones with seeds.
- Toast the bread, right before you’re ready to assemble your toast.
- Salt and pepper each layer lightly.
- Julienne herbs like basil and mix with a splash of olive oil, salt, and pepper before spreading on the toast. This is called “Quick Pesto.”
- Top off with pepper flakes or thinly sliced hot peppers, red onions and diced
- Cilantro – arugula – and lovely spinach with basil.
- Lemon juice or balsamic vinegar drizzled over the top makes it all better.
- White beans smashed.
- Smash the avocados, as it makes for easy eating, but try seasoning with garlic, lemon, olive oil, salt, and pepper, then sprinkled with herbs and chopped cherry tomatoes.
- Go green with Fava beans, then wow your toast by adding arugula, watercress (a spicy flavor that works), cucumbers, green tomatoes, beansprouts, pear-balls, and basil.
- Once again, the secret is layers and seasoning. With this in mind, know, especially these types of toast will be bland without olive oil, salt and pepper, and for some, lemon juice to taste with a sprinkle of pepper flakes.
- With attention to flavor, I would suggest these types of pure non-complicated toasts to accompany soups. As the soup will play a part in moisture and added seasoning that makes toast fantastic.
- Sautéed Spinach with a touch of garlic and olive oil.
- Avocados are the healthy fat we crave and need, so why is cheese listed for Chef’s avocado toast recipes? You will notice, cheese is not in large amounts, it’s just a bit of flavoring or moisture. And not all cheeses blend well for avocado toast – but Feta, Parmesan, Fontina, Cana Goat, or other goat varieties, along with Mozzarella (the only bland cheese I’d use), are fabulous. (Choose cheese with a bit of a bite, like your rich cheeses that work well in salads. A secret to flavor blending is that ingredients with healthy fats work well alone – but can handle feisty flavors like salty feta and capers without bitter side effects.)
- Olives – capers – pepperoncini – tapenades, and pickled beets with a bit of spice can replace Quick Pesto or used together with the proportion of pesto being about half.
Almost anything goes and don’t underestimate its appearance, because looks matter. Sometimes it’s the whole point.
- Bacon, prosciutto, smoked or regular salmon, dried salami.
- Orange and pear slices, pomegranate seeds.
- Pinenuts, sunflower seeds, flaxseed, nuts.
- Plain yogurt salted.
- Greek Tzatziki or any soft European cheeses like Labaneh or Crème fraîche.
- Zatar, fresh parsley, dill, and green onions.
Radishes, asparagus tips, cherry tomatoes, fresh peas with lemon juice, cucumbers, mushrooms (all seasoned).
- Top with a fried, soft-boiled, or poached eggs.
The world of avocado toast recipes is yours, my friend, and without a culinary degree. I hope these few easy secrets to making spectacular toast will surprise your palate!
The science of avocados…
Okay, back to the science of it all. According to Healthline, avocados
As well, according to the USDA National Nutrient Database, one-third of an avocado, (enough to create a serving of avocado toast, approximately 50 grams, and about 80 calories) contains close to:
1 gram of
Almost 7.5 grams of fat
4.25 grams of carbohydrate
About 1.25 grams of sugar
Roughly 3.75 grams of fiber
Relaxed eating is essential
for losing unwanted weight…
For those who need it, I’ve listed the calories, fat, and sugar stats above, but it doesn’t matter in the long run! Don’t count; just look at the beautiful avocado and let love take over. When you make love, do you count? Point made.
A relaxed body benefits from meals. Weight gain around the waist can be the result of stress eating. You know, fretting over calorie counting, and things like, eating at your desk, rather than taking a relaxed work lunch while your boss is out in an upscale restaurant enjoying lunch as it should be.
You deserve to eat relaxed. Relaxed eating makes it more likely that you will eat proper portions and benefit from your meals more.
Has anyone wondered why they try so hard, cut back, watch, pray and monitor, yet they don’t lose the unwanted weight? Part of it is stress eating.
Have you ever wondered why your portions are off, why it’s so easy to overeat? It’s very easy! Eating is not just a physical need, it’s about flavor, experience, textures, satisfaction, and love.
Anything in life that leaves us lacking satisfaction, leaves us fucked.
So, really, throw away the calorie counting…
What’s in avocados constitutes a real reason to eat the “A” fruit – and I read about it everywhere, but I don’t hear much about throwing out the calorie counting madness and enjoying avocados freely. I get it, counting is an addiction that’s hard to stop.
So, say what you want about fat and high calories (opinions range from total abstinence to I eat what I want because I’m beautiful as I am), my opinion is somewhere midway with a lot of understanding. But I believe eating healthy is the key to having that body you want, and we must throw out the calorie and fat counting along with, I’m beautiful but could die from a heart attack tomorrow. You are beautiful – and you don’t have to be 115 pounds at 5′.9″, but you do deserve the benefits of a healthy life. You do deserve to be fit for whatever body style and form is naturally yours.
Again, Eating avocados will actually help you lose weight, feel great, and live happier overall!
Coming soon 2020
I don’t’ want to leave anyone feeling empty due to a lack of information. I’m working on an eBook in great detail. Watch for it, and we’ll talk more. For now, keep reading. You might find it’s a great start to a better future taking one-step at a time. Today the step is understanding avocados.
Nourish your body with healthy fats…
I know what your thinking, even after I said don’t count. Habitually you freeze thinking, chef’s avocado toast recipes are full of FAT!, “It’s FAT, count and
It’s not easy to change a habit connected to food as it’s linked to our emotional needs- but it’s possible to make small changes and get out of “Dieters Jail.”
Nourish your bodies with healthy fats and suddenly the body is balanced better. In addition, losing unwanted weight becomes easier- and without all the annoying discomforts and casualties that diets inflict upon our lives. Healthy fats are digested slower. Meaning, you can go longer between meals because your body is happy – and void of the annoying hunger pains we usually submit to. You know those pains that cause cravings that lead to overeating items that have little benefit to us.
‘Fat-free” is also taste-free, hence the reason why it’s loaded with other items like sugar, flour, thickeners, and salt, to name a few things that harm the body, whereas the “fat” that dieters are avoiding is beneficial.
Most dieters don’t put health first…
I ask myself this over and over, why do people resist eating healthy fatty foods like:
- Cheese. (Cheese is incredibly nutritious)
- Dark Chocolate
- Whole Eggs
- Seed butter
- Nut butter
- Fatty Fish
- Chia Seeds
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Coconuts and Coconut Oil
- Full or partial fat yogurt
It’s a terrible example, but in desperation to imagine a pure, healthy place, I imagine the infamous Garden of Eden as most can visualize the idea. If what’s known as the Garden of Eden appeared in our modern world, what the fuck would Adam and Eve be eating? Tree bark with fat-free yogurt? It appears the equivalent to many of the diets out there today, at least by taste alone. How many diets leave us undernourished, hungry, and out of balance.
Do you ever feel like this? You’ll always be hungry and always feel guilty every time you touch or look at the forbidden.
Now that, amigo is just not fair. You deserve the real Garden of Eden experience. And I imagine Chef’s avocado toast recipes originated in a place like the Garden of Eden! You deserve to eat things like avocados that are primo for weight loss without calculating it, worrying about it, just enjoy living-to- eat, not eating to lose weight.
Most diets don’t put your health first. The focus is dropping the pounds, sometimes
Counting calories causes a mind fuck!
So, here’s a secret, if you’re confused about how to balance the calories. The numbers and opinions are causing a mind-fuck. Don’t feel lonely, but it’s simple. Without eating whole foods, nothing else is ever going to work. You can diet your entire life, and not only will you always diet, but you also continue to miss out on food you could have always eaten.
You’re honoring the most basic term of being human by eating great food. Can you imagine a tiger eating almonds to avoid cholesterol? The bloody fool is now unhealthy, his body is just not satisfied in a continuous state of hunger, and the dude’s sick!
I don’t claim to be an expert, I’m just a great example…
As I never promised my blog was a food blog, I did, however, say I’d be posting some cool easy “Wellness and Recipe” stuff. The Chef’s avocado toast recipes are a favorite of mine, and so is seeing the world get off diets and enjoy more things in life. So, today, I give some recipes as gifts to you!
I do care because we are seriously killing ourselves, cancer, diabetes, and diseases are coming out of the woodwork. I don’t claim to be a supercharged scientist with a list of Ph.D.’s to answer the mysteries. My words should be ignored in all fairness over your doctor’s – but, I’m a living, walking, breathing example of a woman who has never been on a diet – and partly because she eats the right foods. (Most of the time.)
So, it is easy to understand why I don’t give a flying @!#! about being passive with diet topics. It’s important to realize, food has been stripped, pillaged, and disgraced for decades now, yet it’s these very foods that will save the future.
Learn one thing each week and become your own personal health trainer…
If you learned one thing each week about what’s healthy and how it could benefit you, you’d soon become your own best expert and become the personal trainer to your own body.
Cheers to avocados and you!